Center for Orthopaedic Innovations offers a broad range of services to better suit your orthopedic needs. Our expert orthopedic surgeons, Dr. H. Thomas Temple, Dr. Ryan A. Durfee and Dr. Edward J. Silverman, Dr. Clive Woods and Dr. David Abbasi are experienced in taking multiple approaches to procedures in order to provide the best care to our patients. Let us help you find the best solution for your lifestyle.
Our fellowship-trained surgeons have specialized training in specific areas of orthopedics including:
- Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Malignant and benign (cancerous and non-cancerous) tumors of the bone and soft tissue require special treatment. Orthopedic oncologists collaborate with medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and other specialists to develop specific treatment plans. Our office takes great care in supporting patients every step of the way and communicates progress to each member of the care team.
- Regenerative Medicine
- Dr. Temple is a leading researcher in regenerative medicine, which may help patients fight disease with their own cells. He strives to include safe, effective cell therapies with proven surgical procedures to provide the best outcomes for patients.
- Our office also offers advanced wound care services, including post-radiation therapy and long-term wounds.
- Joint Reconstruction and Revision Surgery
- Over time, joints can wear out and become damaged causing pain and functional problems. Dr. Silverman has advanced training in both straightforward and complex joint reconstruction and revision. Dr. Temple, Dr. Durfee and Dr. Silverman also have advanced training and expertise is complex joint implant reconstruction and revision. They take extra care to repair severely damaged joints and joint implants in the upper and lower extremities. Dr. Woods specializes in feet and ankles and Dr. Abbasi has a specific interest in sports medicine and injuries. He also sees patients with shoulder and elbow issues, and traumatic injuries.
- Benign and malignant tumors of the bone and soft tissue in children and adults
- Management of many complex orthopaedic diseases
- Bone Transplantation for Limb Sparing
- Complex Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
- Complex Hip and Knee Revision Surgery
- Fracture Non-Unions
- Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapies
- Liquid Amnion Injection Therapy
- Complex Amputation Upper and Lower Extremities
- Nerve Tumors of the Brachial Plexus and Extremities
- Foot and Ankle Tumors
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Sports Medicine and Injuries
- Shoulder Issues
- Elbow problems
- Traumatic Injuries
The Sarcoma Center at Mercy Hospital
South Florida’s largest sarcoma treatment program
If you have recently been diagnosed with or your provider suspects that you have cancer, you know that finding a compassionate care team you trust is extremely important. Drs. Temple and Durfee are orthopedic oncologists with advanced experience in the treatment of sarcomas.
Sarcomas are a type of cancer that typically appear in bones, muscles and connective tissue. They can also occur in fatty tissue and around blood vessels. Sarcomas can affect both children and adults at any time in their life.
When diagnosed with a sarcoma it is critical to seek treatment with an experienced orthopedic oncologist before any treatment is started. Our surgeons work closely with other members of your healthcare team, including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and surgical oncologists to provide complete and comprehensive care.
Our orthopedic oncology team provides exceptional care to patients across South Florida, with offices located on the campuses of Mercy Hospital and Aventura Hospital and Medical Center.